09 Jan Book TMJ Physiotherapy Ottawa at Stayfit Physio and Spinal Decompression Centre
In this blog, we will give you information about Stayfit Physio and Spinal Decompression Centre where you can find the high-tech treatment for TMJ Physiotherapy Ottawa.
TMG disorder is the foremost source of discomfort, pain and impairment for many people. It occurs when the joints of the jaw and the chewing muscles do not work together correctly. If your ear, jaw, neck, and shoulders pain badly and you have no idea why it is happening,it can be a temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
An unexplained pain or ache in your jaw, ears, neck, and shoulders is caused by the TMJ which connects the skull and jaw. If you are suffering from TMJ, you know well how sore and devastating the condition can be. In such type of condition, people rarely try physiotherapy, they often try a variety of other treatments to find relief.
Migraine headaches and ear pain are a few of the symptoms of TMJ. Other symptoms of TMJ include:
- Difficulty in chewing and yawning
- clicking noise while opening the mouth
- Ringing in ears
- Pain and stiffness in the jaw joint and the muscles surrounding it
Take a look at some of the benefits of physiotherapy treatment for TMJ:
- Relief from Pain: One of the main benefits of TMJ Physiotherapy Ottawa is that it can help to let go of pain. The therapist will work with you to find the source of your pain and then develop a treatment plan tailored precisely for you. This may include exercises to stretch and support the muscles around the jaw joint, as well as methods to improve your posture and alignment.
- Improved Joint Flexibility: Joint mobility is important for people who are suffering from TMJ. Physiotherapy helps increase joint mobility. Besides, increased joint mobility helps ease the pain and discomfort.
- Better Function: Due to TMJ you can have difficulty in opening and closing the mouth. It as well can make it hard to eat and speak. TMJ Physiotherapy can help to improve function, allowing you to do these things without difficulty.
- It Helps Reducing Inflammation: Inflammation is a common sign of TMJ. Your physiotherapist may use modalities for example heat or ice to help lessen inflammation.
- Better Quality of Life: It has been shown to improve the quality of life for people with TMJ Physiotherapy Ottawa. People who receive Physiotherapy in Ottawa report a significantly improved quality of life compared to those who do not receive treatment.
Thus, physiotherapy can help a significant decrease in pain and better-quality physical function. This recommends that physiotherapy can be management for improving the value of life for people with TMJ disorders.
Call us to book an appointment for TMJ Physiotherapy Ottawa. To learn more about Physiotherapy, please visit https://www.stayfitphysio.ca/.